Super Five Saturday – WHAT?
I NEED to blog – can someone PLEASE drag me here to do it….? No? It’s down to me???? Really???? Oh please…. Ok, I accept! Oops.
This is me starting a new blog idea and collecting five things and… they’re great things guys – that I’ve saved and looked at and smiled over on the good old worldwide web over the last week… Well, since last Saturday!
First of all – I must start with a total ‘stumble on’ and I can’t even remember how I came to find her either…
1. Fuzzy and Birch! A successful business in her own right – Funny Gifts and Cynical Home Decor – but an absolute minefield when it comes to how to work Etsy, how to work your business, or, indeed, just ‘how to work’ and to work well… I love her blog so much and her youtube videos I so wanted to send her flowers, like, every week to say thank you for her valuable help (it’s herself who has ‘made’ me set up my new business newsletter – sign up here! Ahh blatant plug – sorry!), so instead of flowers, I’ve subscribed to her blog articles, a mere $9 a month… I’m happy with that… As I am gaining so much insight, especially over everything I have been doing totally wrong! She’s putting me right!
But Jenni (Fuzzy and Birch) just in case you ever read this – here are some flowers for you anyway!
2. George Erza! By chance deciding to watch the live coverage of the Glastonbury Festival and finding him on the BBC Introducing bit – he has such a wonderful voice and a great sense of rhythm, I love his melodies and I’m about to purchase some of his tunes! Definitely look him up!
His music just reminds me of summer and gorgeous sunsets like this one:
3. Browsing through my Etsy help groups on the book with the face – ‘TheBarmyFox’ – I cannot sew for toffee, but this women can! I already have my eye on so many things in her beautiful shop… do take a look, but don’t buy the one with the moon, as that’s in my basket to be bought soon! She also has a fabulous Instagram 😀
The moon pendant is mine as I love the moon…
4. Later.com – I’m always on the look out on a really good ‘FREE’ programme to share my Insta, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest items – I’m on a paid version at the moment called around.io which I like, but I don’t think is the best for me… I LIKE posting my own posts, tweets, pins – but sometimes, I need some extra help and I don’t really want to fork out vast amounts of hard earned cash in order to do so… and Later seems to be ticking all the boxes right now! It gives you so many posts per month – I can schedule a whole month of Instagram posts which post via their smart phone app on my phone, dead easy! Plus any listing of mine I can save from the Later app onto my phone too… As I don’t always have my product photography on my phone as I purchased the cheaper iPhone (!) and the memory isn’t that great! Do take a look anyhow – and let me know what you think!
A picture I shared to Instagram the other day… Click on the picture for the actual posting!
5. A few days back Britain was experiencing a heatwave! Yeah – amazing right? It’s an unusual phenomenon in this country and especially in my own county of Devon, who doesn’t in fact exist on the BBC weather map on the news each day… It’s never ever mentioned – but it too had a heatwave! 30C – and I walked around in shorts and didn’t care showing my white bare legs! So you have hot weather – but you need some cold drinks – I had a look on google and came across these!! Sadly, the hot weather vanished after 5 days of bliss, literally in an hour one evening – from hot hot hot to cold cold cold, but these are ‘bookmarked’ or as my mum would have said ‘earmarked’ for future use!….. WINE SLUSHIES – I kid you not!!!
Hot hot hot…
Why five things? It’s my lucky number – my other lucky number is nine – I might use that for something else!
Thanks for reading and have a Louie Robin picture – he’s fine, he has a young family to feed, Top Dad!
See you again!
Emily 🙂 xx